Created in 2000, Frogwares is an independent video game development studio and publisher. With over 7 million units sold in the last decade, we continue to develop a rich portfolio, including games for the new generation of consoles.
Thanks to the work of a talented team of 70+ artists and programmers, our games are available for major gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Best known for the popular Sherlock Holmes series and The Sinking City, we aim to create immersive single-player experiences that stay with players after they put down the gamepad.
What are you working on?
- Genres: Action, Adventure
- Platforms: PC, Console
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
Leading and preparing the development of high-quality characters
Sculpt high-resolution characters
Create clean game topology, UV’s
Provide proxy models for early game integration
Create efficient and rig-friendly, low polygon models for game integration
Collaborate with Production to organize, schedule, and manage the character art team’s daily activities
Support character concept and design
Work with Concept Art to drive and maintain high visual quality of character models
Partner with engineers and tech artists to develop an effective character art pipeline
Mentoring of character team (Masterclasses, ideas, etc.) and newcomers.
Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides, and reference material
Understand asset limitations, project milestones, and risks, and work accordingly
What kind of professional are we looking for?
• Previous character artist experience within a game production environment
• At least 4 years of working experience in game development modeling characters
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Passion for collaboration with other artists, designers, and programmers
• Very good sense of human and animal anatomy, body mechanics, and proportions.
• Highly proficient in Maya/3Ds MAx (or similar 3D modeling software), ZBrush (or equivalent software)
• Strong knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Substance Painter.
• Solid knowledge of hi-poly modeling and digital sculpting
• Strong knowledge of low poly modeling techniques, including a strong knowledge of topology for animation
• Understanding of rigging and skinning
• Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modeling
• Passion for games and strong game culture
• Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams
Why do we enjoy working here?
An exciting project where you can develop professionally
Intellectually stimulating work environment and peers
Sense of ownership for world-renown game series
Agile atmosphere with no bureaucracy and hierarchy
Secured compensation level, paid vacations/sick leaves
Regular reviews/feedback and development support
The selection process
Required Application Materials: