You've been working as a 3D Artist for a while and you are ready to work on something exciting and spectacular?
On games where millions of people worldwide will be admiring your work?
You're in the right place because Gameloft Budapest is looking for a Senior 3D Artist.
About Gameloft Hungary:
Our studio has been operating in Budapest for 10 years, and our goal is to develop casual and mid-core games that bring relaxation and fun to millions of users on a daily basis. Until now we worked on games like Iron Man 3, City Mania and Dragon Mania Legends. The latter is one of Gameloft's most successful projects, with well over 50 million downloads!
What can you expect from us?
• We are an 80-person game development studio in downtown Budapest
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on games and share ideas with each other
• You would work in a small agile team of 4-5 brilliant and professional artists where everybody’s inputs are valued
• The team will be international, we have several foreign colleagues
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated
Why work for us?
• Our office is in the downtown area and can be easily reached by public transport
• We have a flexible work schedule that can fit in most of your requirements (Also in this current global situation we are working from home)
• Never go to work on your birthday (you get extra leave for that day)
• We value health, which is why all our employees benefit from a private health insurance plan. This includes free access to an unlimited number of specialist appointments, an annual health screenings, as well as flu vaccinations
• Every summer we have a studio wide team building activity
• Coffee and tea are always at your disposal in the office
• We have an Employee Assistance Program (legal, financial, life management and mental health services)
• You'll also get a fitness pass to local venues in the city
For which tasks (responsibilities)?
What will you do here?
• Create cartoonish characters and graphics in our games
• Act as the main link between the artists and other teams in the studio
• Work with the team to improve the production process and perform benchmarking
• Cooperating with the designer and developer team
How are you going to work and when can you start?
• You will work full time, 8 hours a day, with a declared employment contract.
• Your direct lead will be the lead 3D artist of the team, and the colleagues you work most closely with will be: other 3D artist, 2D Artists, Designers and Animators.
• The sooner you can start, the better! Of course, if you have a notice period, we will wait for you
What kind of professional are we looking for?
What are the qualifications you need for this position?
• Passion about cartoonish art style
• Minimum 3 years of experience in video game industry
• Proficiency in Photoshop and 3ds Max
• Proficiency in full 3D workflow from modeling to game ready product
• Strong knowledge of Composition, Color and Lightning theory
• Able to animate basic objects in a 3D environment
• Experience in mentoring junior
It is a plus if you have:
• Experience or interest in Lead Artist role
• Proficiency in Vray and Zbrush
• 2D drawing and texture painting skills
• Experience in Scripts and Shader programming
• Experience in Blender
What is important for us in a person?
• Ability to work in a team
• Aspiration for learning and self-development
Why do we enjoy working here?
• We are creating awesome games enjoyed by millions of players worldwide
• Every year we organize several Game Jams where we take care of the food and drinks and you can just focus on having fun alongside your teammates
The selection process
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English CV nd with your cartoonish art style portfolio. We will look at what you have created so far. Please note that our system can't handle files that exceed 10 MB, so if your portfolio exceed the file limit, please upload it to eg. Google Drive or Dropbox and send us an access link.
If you have worked on your own game or application, send us your link and we will be happy to check it out!
No cover letter is required, just send us a couple of sentences why you are interested in joining Gameloft Budapest. If you usually play any mobile, PC, console or board games please share with us your favourite ones :)
Your application will be reviewed by our lead artists and if they find it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next there will be a home test and a zoom chat with an HR colleague of ours and a technical discussion with our 3D director. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks.
If the test fails, we will notify you within a few days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...